Sunday, October 25, 2009

Misery of RTI in judiciary

Hi everybody, I am placing a glaring case of violation of RTI application before PIO office of the District & sessions Judge, Sahebganj within the state of Jharkhand. The concerned PIO does not received my application which was sent by speed post on the pretext on the envelope it has been written APIO . However after a lapse of statutory period, I have sent my first appeal with the copy of original petition to the first appellate authority cum first additional district & sessions judge, Sahebganj. The first appellate authority has kindly been pleased to register my appeal and called me mechanically without applying his judicial mind to appear before him on 6th jul 2009. When I informed him my inability to attain in person then he keep mum. After lapse of 45 days when i want to know the status of my first appeal then surprisingly the first appellate authority an officer of the rank of additional district & sessions judge wrote a letter to me that he is an in-charge officer and he cant dispose of the appeal when permanent incumbent will come then the appeal will be adjudicated. Finding no way out i preferred second appeal before state information commission jharkhand and the state commission directed the PIO to appear in person on 15 oct 2009 with all the connected papers.

The info was sought for in connection with payment of retiral benefits, leave salary, gratuity, insurance and other dues of a retired civil court employee vishwanath singh. The info also relates regarding the demotion of the said employee without departmental proceeding. The grave concern is that copy of all correspondence has been sent to registrar general Jharkhand High Court. Delay breeds corruption and Administrative side of judiciary requires this pathology atleast in the matters of RTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment